- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250g long grain rice
- 1 tsp Ki Gourmet - La Adelita Chipotle Chili Salsa
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chopped tomatoe
- 750ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sizzle the onion for 5 mins until just starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute more, then add in the Ki Gourmet - La Adelita Chipotle Chili Salsa and the tomato purée and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes, then scatter the rice into the pan and stir, so it’s coated in the tomato mix.
- Pour over the hot stock, stir the mix until it boils.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting
- Gently simmer until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Leave the rice to sit for a few mins off the heat, then add the coriander and serve.