During Lent — a 40-day religious observance that represents the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness — many Mexicans abstain from eating meat, much like many of us do on Good Friday.
With that in mind, this recipe is vegan and Lent friendly — Lo and behold our Cauliflower Tacos.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Break up cauliflower
- In a bowl, mix cauliflower, garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika and pepper until combined
- Line a tray with baking paper and place the cauliflower along the tray
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
- Warm up El Cielo Tortillas on either a hot plate or place in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until warm
- Place a layer of Bayo beans in the tortilla and top with roasted cauliflower
- Squeeze a drizzle of fresh lime over the cauliflower and add parsley or coriander to garnish
TIP: Add guacamole to your tortilla for some extra flavour and texture. Our recipe for guacamole can be found here.