- 2 x 400g/14oz cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 100g breadcrumb
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 200g tub fresh salsa
- 150ml low-fat natural yogurt
- juice ½ lime
- 6 wholemeal burger buns, sliced avocado, sliced red onion and salad leaves, to serve
- Heat grill to high.
- Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher.
- Add the breadcrumbs, chilli powder, coriander stalks and ½ the leaves, egg and 2 tbsp salsa. Then mix together well.
- Divide the mixture into 6, then wet your hands and shape into burger patty.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray, then grill for 4-5 mins on each side until golden and crisp.
- While the patties are cooking, mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt, lime juice and a good grind of black pepper.
- Split the buns in half and spread the bases with some of the yogurt. Top each with leaves, avocado, onion, a patty, another dollop of the lime yogurt and some salsa. You’re ready to serve it!