2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
500g lean beef mince
2 chillies in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 2 tbs adobo sauce
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
1 cup (250ml) beef stock
200g can corn kernels
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
Sour cream, flour tortillas, lime wedges and micro coriander, to serve
- Heat oil in pan and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add mince and break apart in the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes until meat is browned.
- Add chilies, paprika, cumin and tomato paste and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes
- Add diced tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil before putting heat on low and continue to cook for roughly 30-45 minutes.
- Once it has reduced add in the kidney beans and corn then stir through the chilli con carne.
- Serve with lime wedges and corn tortillas, garnishing the chilli con carne with coriander.