- Dash of olive oil
- 1 diced brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 El Cielo chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ a can of finely crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 300 grams shredded chicken already cooked (roast chook works well, if you can find smoked chicken, even better!)
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados,
- 12 tortillas
- Heat a pan to medium and add the oil and onion. Cook until soft then add garlic, chipotle, oregano and cumin and continue to stir. Add the stock and stir in tomatoes and salt before bringing to a simmer and cook for roughly 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook for roughly 5-10 minutes, allowing the chicken to soak up all that lovely sauce.
- Heat up tortillas, (microwave or oven, whatever you prefer) before placing avocado down first then adding the chicken mixture. Top with cilantro and onions then add some of El Cielo’s Red Taco salsa or sour cream to finish.