Coconut Crusted Fish:
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 fillets of white fish of choice (we used rockling)
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Half a red cabbage chopped finely
- Carrot grated
- Small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 8 El Cielo corn tortillas
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Fresh chilli
- Extra coriander
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together all ingredients for the coconut crust in a bowl excluding the 2 eggs and fish. In a separate bowl whisk both eggs. Prep the fish by rinsing and patting down dry.
- With a pair of tongs or fingers place fish into egg mixture and coat then move into the coconut mixture, ensuring the fish is covered liberally. Repeat across all fillets.
- Place on lined baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish. Remove from oven and use a fork to gently break filets into smaller pieces for serving.
- While fish is cooking prepare mango salsa. Dice veggies and mango and place in a small bowl. Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the simple slaw finely chop the red cabbage and grate the carrot. Finely chop the coriander and toss together in a bowl with freshly squeezed lime juice and salt and pepper for taste. Set aside.
- Once fish is done, assemble tacos: Add simple slaw, fish, mango salsa, avocado chunks, to warm tortillas and serve immediately!