- 600 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice + 1 teaspoon lime zest (1 large or 2 small limes)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large corn cobs
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 12 small corn Tortillas (can also use flour)
- Optional: Cotija or Queso Fresco Cheese, black beans, additional lime wedges/juice and cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Trim the chicken breasts of fat and pound them to even thickness to ensure even grilling. Place the prepared chicken in a large ziplock bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup of Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon lime zest, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, and salt and pepper to season. Once the mixture is well combined, remove 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and reserve for later.
- Add the rest of the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Seal the bag and then knead with your hands to ensure all of the chicken is well coated. Place in the fridge and marinate for at least 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Generously oil the grill with of Olive Oil, husk the corn and rub Olive Oil over the corn. Sprinkle the corn lightly with salt and pepper. Place the corn on one half of the grill. Ensure to turn these ever 4 minutes or so to ensure an even grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Grill the chicken (on the other half of the grill) turning once halfway through grilling, about 4-6 minutes per side until the breast when cut is white in the middle. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade as you grill and after flipping. Thinly slice the breasts.
- In the last 2 minutes of grilling, add the flour or corn tortillas to the grill. Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray, lightly sprinkle with salt, and then place on the grates for 30-45 seconds, flip and leave on for another 30-45 seconds. Remove and immediately fold into taco shape and set aside to slightly cool.
- Allow grilled corn to cool and then slice it off the cob. Toss the grilled corn with the chopped avocado, thinly sliced green onions, finely chopped cilantro, and finely chopped jalapeno. Add a tablespoon of fresh lime juice (optional) and toss together. Set aside.
- For the sauce: whisk everything together until smooth and combined.
- Fill up the grilled/warmed tortillas with thinly sliced cooked chicken, a generous spoonful of the corn-avocado mixture, and a good spoonful of the sauce. Additionally add extra lime juice, cilantro, and/or cotija cheese.