700g peeled prawns
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
½ tsp ground cumin
1 cup refried beans
2 punnets cherry tomatoes
1 cup brown rice
2 ½ cups water
2 fresh limes
- Bring rice and water to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed (30-40 minutes), then fluff with a fork.
- Slice the avocado and cherry tomatoes. Cut the limes into wedges.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle prawns with salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of the prawns to pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove prawns from pan and repeat procedure with remaining prawns. Cool prawns for 5 minutes.
- Place prawns in a medium bowl and stir in red onion, half the coriander, half the chives, chipotle chile and cumin.
- Spoon a serving of rice and a serving of beans on each of the 4 plates. Top with the prawn mixture and add avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining coriander and chives to garnish and serve.