Tequila is a type of alcoholic drink distilled from the blue agave plant found in Mexico. It has a very sharp, woody taste, with some people experiencing a burning sensation when swallowed. We’ve round up the three best ways to taste your tequila and drink it too!
1) MARGARITA COCKTAIL
- 1/2-1 shot (13g) silver tequila
- 1/2-1 shot (13g) orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Fresh lime juice to taste, squeezed
- Splash simple syrup
- Coarse salt
- 1 fresh mint leaf, for garnish
*Special equipment needed: cocktail shaker, citrus squeezer, salted rocks, glass strainer
- Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake until cold, and strain into a chilled, salt-rimmed rocks glass. Garnish with mint, and serve.
2) TEQUILA SUNRISE
- 1 shot (13g) tequila
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Ice cubes
- 1/2-1 shot (13g) grenadine syrup
- 1 slice orange, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Add all ingredients to the cocktail glass of your choice and garnish with orange slice.
- Lemon, sliced
In 3 quick steps you LICK, SIP, SUCK!
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on the back of your hand between your thumb and index finger. Lick the salt off your hand.
- Quickly throw back the tequila shot from the glass, aiming to swallow in one go.
- Pick up the slice of lemon and suck the juice.