Christmas essential salada for the familia! This salad is made using a Pachyrhizus erosus, known as jicama, Mexican yam bean, or Mexican turnip. Don’t forget to spice it up with some tajin chili powder.
- 2 large oranges cut into 8th
- 1 large red grapefruit
- 2 cups sliced and peeled jicama
- 1 cup sliced red radishes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 cups chopped salad of choice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Tajin chili powder on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a large bowl, reserving juice; add sections to juice. Add jicama and radishes to orange mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Combine lime rind, yoghurt, mayonnaise, honey and stir through. Add salad of choice to mixture and top with pomegranates, pumpkin seeds, cilantro and tajin chili powder.