Queso Flameado (Flamed Cheese) also known as Queso Fundido (melted cheese) originates from the North of Mexico. It is the perfecto appetiser for a fiesta with your amigos.
- 1 small tomato, chopped ( Leave a slice for garnish)
- 1/2 cup minced red onion (Leave a slice for garnish)
- 1 San Miguel Poblano chile, seeded, chopped
- 3 stems of cilantro, finely chops (leave a stem for garnish)
- ½ fresh jalapeno, sliced (Leave a few slices for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons El Cielo Oregano
- 500 g coarsely grated Oaxaca cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of Mexican lager (e.g Corona or Modelo Especial)
- 120g fresh chorizo or hot Italian sausage, casing removed and sliced.
- El Cielo White Corn Totopos to serve
- Garnish with leftover ingredients/herbs
Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- Mix in tomato, red onion, poblano chile, jalapeno, oregano and mexican lager till combined and soft.
- Once combined, simmer in mexican lager until evaporated.
- Mix grated Oaxaca questo with flour in a bowl. Take skillet off heat and mix in cheese.
- Once combined and melted, put in preheated grill for 5 minutes or top layer is golden brown.
- Garnish and add a side of totopos! Serve immediately
Tip: Split cheese mixture into 4 separate heat proof bowls before melting cheese if serving a large group of amigos, porque sharing is caring!